The meeting will cover the recent recommendations and proposals for reform of the university admissions system from stakeholders and the government. The government’s response to the Post-18 Education and Funding Review is expected to be published around the Spending Review on the 25 November, and if so will also be discussed during this meeting.
Speakers will give an overview of the findings and recommendations of Universities UK’s Fair Admissions Review (published on 13 November) including recommendations to update the principles on fair admissions, ban ‘conditional unconditional’ offers and move to a post-qualification admissions (PQA) system.
Confirmed speakers for the meeting include:
- Alistair Jarvis, Chief Executive, Universities UK
- Clare Marchant, Chief Executive, UCAS
- Beth Linklater, Assistant Principal, Queen Mary's College
- Professor Quintin McKellar, Vice-Chancellor, University of Hertfordshire
- Professor Sally Mapstone, Vice-Chancellor, University of St Andrews
There will be a Q&A session following the speaker presentations to allow members of the group to discuss the presentations and ask further questions.